Trump “absolutely” would pardon convicted federal prosecutor Kenneth Kettleman, the former sheriff’s department deputy who was caught on video beating an unarmed protester at the inauguration.

    The former chief deputy, who was fired last year for his role in a botched domestic violence case, told The New York Times that he would be pardoned.

    “If he gets a call from me that he has a pardon from me, I will be glad to do that,” Kettlemen said.

    “I have done nothing wrong.”

    Trump, however, would not offer a pardon to the former deputy.

    “We are going to have to see what the justice system does,” Trump said at a news conference with his family on Friday.

    “You can’t do anything wrong, but we’ll have to have a look at it.”

    The Times reported that Kettlemans attorney said he would fight the pardon and that Kettles pardon “would be a political decision.”

    Trump also defended the conduct of the two former deputies who were captured on video at the White House.

    “They were acting very professionally, very professionally,” Trump told reporters in the Oval Office.

    “And it wasn’t like somebody that was walking around with a bat in their hand.

    It was like somebody who was having fun.

    They were having fun and they were having a good time.”

    Kettle men were among the first deputies on the scene to arrive to the scene of the incident.

    They took over the fight from the White house security detail, who had been ordered to stay inside the building.

    Kettle man who tackled protester, ‘should have been killed’ The New Yorker reported that “after the arrest, Kettle said he asked White House Chief of Staff John Kelly if the deputies should have been put in the back of a police car and shot.

    ‘I said, ‘Well, I don’t know.

    I think he should have just been killed,’ Kelly said.”

    The New Times added that “Kettleman was also overheard telling a police supervisor that he had been ‘just walking around, you know, with a baseball bat in his hand.'”

    The New Jersey state attorney general’s office announced Friday that Kette would not face criminal charges.

    The New Black Panther Party, a civil rights group, also released a statement expressing outrage over Kettle’s arrest.

    “Mr. Ketterman is a black man and a man of color who has worked hard to create an environment that is safe, welcoming and inclusive,” said David McElroy, the group’s political director.

    “As a Black man, it is my duty to stand up and speak out against injustice in our community and against any attempt to divide us as a community.

    We demand that Ken Kettle be removed from office and his deputy fired immediately.”

    RELATED ARTICLES